Aloo methi easy recipe of fenugreek leaves and potatoes sauteed in garlic and spices.
Fenugreek leaves are called methi and potatoes known. Hence the name aloo methi.
Aloo methi a super delicious dish on the whole.
It is a great lunch dish option and can be served with chapati or paratha or as a side with some dal.
Aloo Methi Recipe
- 4 Potatoes medium
- 1/2 Cup Green onion chopped
- 2 tbsp Green chili paste
- 1/2 tsp Salt according to taste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cumin crushed
- 1 tsp Coriander crushed
- 1+1 tsp Ginger/Garlic paste
- 1 Cup Fresh fenugreek leaves chopped
- Oil as required
- Cut potatoes in small cubes.
- In pot,add oil,onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the ginger,garlic paste and potatoes,saute the potatoes for a minutes,til they crisp and are golden from the edges.
- Add little water and cover the pot and let the potatoes cook until they are cooked.
- Add green chili paste,salt,turmeric powder,crushed cumin,crushed coriander and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the chopped fenugreek leaves stir very well cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Aloo methi is ready.
- Serve hot with paratha.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories328
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.8g 4%
- Cholesterol 3mg 1%
- Sodium 426mg 18%
- Potassium 27mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 16.5g 66%
- Sugars 4.8g
- Protein 14.7g 30%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
- Curry Recipes
- Sweets & Desserts Recipe