Aloo MethiCuisine: Indian, pakistaniDifficulty: Easy
Aloo methi easy recipe of fenugreek leaves and potatoes sauteed in garlic and spices.fenugreek leaves are called methi and potatoes known.hence the name aloo methi.
Potatoes 4 medium
Green onion 1/2 cup chopped
Green chili paste 2 tbsp
Salt 1/2 tsp according to taste
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Cumin crushed 1 tsp
Coriander crushed 1 tsp
Ginger/Garlic paste 1+1 tsp
Fresh fenugreek leaves 1 cup chopped
Oil as required
- Cut potatoes in small cubes.
- In pot,add oil,onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the ginger,garlic paste and potatoes,saute the potatoes for a minutes,til they crisp and are golden from the edges.
- Add little water and cover the pot and let the potatoes cook until they are cooked.
- Add green chili paste,salt,turmeric powder,crushed cumin,crushed coriander and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the chopped fenugreek leaves stir very well cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Aloo methi is ready.
- Serve hot with paratha.