Black Forest Cake Recipe German origin food recipe. The Black Forest consists of several layers of chocolate sponge cake sandwiched with whipped cream and chocolate shaving.
You Can try my other Baking Recipe,Sheermal |How to make sheermal
Black Forest Cake
Chocolate Sponge Cake
- 1 &1/3 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1/3 Cup Coco powder
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 7 tbsp oil
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 4 Egg
Sugar Syrup ingredients
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cup whipped Cream
- 1/ Cup Icing sugar
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate chip
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate shaving
How to make chocolate sponge cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.line the bottoms of one heart cake mould with parchment paper.
- Take a large bowl,place sifter add all-purpose flour,coco powder,baking powder sift together and mix well.
- Take a bowl separate egg whites and egg yolks set aside.
- In a electric hand mixer add egg whites and beat until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add egg yolks,then add sugar,vanilla essence,oil and beating well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and gently fold with the spatula until well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared baking mould.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 c for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven until toothpick inserted in centre come out clean.transfer the cake to the cooling rack let it cool down.carefully peel of the base paper and leave the sponge to get completely cool down.
- Now assemble the cake,slice with a sharp serrated knife,split each cake in half horizontally into 2 equal layers.
How to make a sugar syrup:
- Take a pan add the sugar and water and bring to a boil until the sugar dissolve.let it cool.
How to make whipped cream
- Add whipped cream,icing sugar to a bowl and whip on medium high speed with a mixer until thickened and stiff peaks form.
Assembling and decoration:
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate and spread with sugar syrup and then place chocolate chip and then spread whipped cream.place second layer on the top of this cake.give a gentle press.and then spread cover the sides and top with whipped cream.
- Place the remaining cream in a piping bag make a flower around the edges of the cake.
- Cover the sides and top with chocolate shavings.