Gajrela(Carrot kheer) is smooth and creamy which is also known as gajrela, an Indian and Pakistan carrot pudding.Gajrela is made with common ingredients like full fat milk,Milk powder,fresh grated carrot,crushed rice,sugar and lots of nuts.
This dessert is flavored with a pinch of cardamom powder and a drop of kewra water in this dessert recipe. It is very rich in texture and flavor.
Gajrela(Carrot kheer) is a best treat for winter season. When fresh and juicy carrot are available in any grocery store.
What Is Gajrela?
Gajrela is an Indian and Pakistan pudding it requires very limited and few ingredients to be included in this recipe.
It is made with full-fat milk and simmering grated carrot then sweetened with sugar and Milk powder.
It is flavored with cardamom powder,kewra water.
The addition of chopped nuts gives this lovely crunch taste.
It can be served chilled and warm.
- 1 & 1/2 Litre Milk
- 1 cup Carrot (grated)
- 1/4 Cup Rice
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Kewra water
- 1/2 Cup Milk powder
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Almond as needed
- Pistachio as needed
Preparation To Make Gejerla (Carrot Kheer)
- Soak rice for 30 minutes.After 30 minutes drain all the water.Then add the rice grains in a grinder jar and little amount of water grind to a fine paste consistency and set aside.
- Wash carrots throughly running water.Drain the water completely & colander and pet dry.
- Remove the skin of the carrot with edges of knife to remove.
- Cut carrots into half and remove yellow piece in carrot and grate them.
- Take a small bowl add,1/4 cup of water and 1/2 cup of milk powder stir and dissolve the milk very well and set aside.
How To Make Gejerla (Carrot Kheer)
- Pour milk to a heavy bottom pot.Bring milk to a boil in a pot and medium flame add the rice paste to keep stirring and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes.Add grated carrot mix the grated carrot milk together.When the milk comes to a boil the flame is low and cook until the carrot grains have completely cooked.
- Add sugar,cardamom powder and kewra water stir well and cook on low flame until sugar dissolve in kheer.
- Gradually add,dissolve milk stir continuosly to cook until kheer and thickened.
- Garnish with almond and pistachio before serving.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories363
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3.8g 19%
- Cholesterol 28mg 10%
- Sodium 250mg 11%
- Potassium 284mg 9%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 48.1g
- Protein 17.2g 35%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.