Chicken and Aloo ki TahariCourse: MainCuisine: Indian, pakistaniDifficulty: Easy
Chicken Aloo Tahri is a true art of Indian Pakistani cuisine. There we learned how to cook a Chicken Aloo Tahri and now we tell you all about it! we have so much expirence how to make tahari quickly and easily.it is so tasty and delicious.
What is Tahri
Tahri is a yellow rice dish in Awadhi cooking. Flavors are added to plain cooked rice for flavor and shading. In one form of Tehri, potatoes sometime chicken are added to the rice. This dish is generally mainstream in Hyderabad and Nanded.
History of the Tahari
Tehri turned out to be progressively mainstream during the Subsequent 2 World War when meat costs expanded significantly and potato turned into the famous substitute in biryani.Still, after the meat costs settled, the dish stayed well known as it was set up with meats, green peas and potatoes and there is likewise variety with blend of these three fixings.
Chicken 250 gm
Rice 2 cup
Potatoes 2 medium
Tomatoes chopped 2 medium
Black pepper corn 4-5
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tbsp
Bay leaf 2-3
Cumin seeds powder 1 tbsp
Black cardomom 2
Cinnamon stick 1
Ginger paste 1 tsp
Garlic paste 1 tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
Yogurt 1/3 cup
Cooking oil 1/2 cup
Water 2 and 1/2 cup
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Wash and soak rice for about 30 minutes before cooking.take a pot add oil and heat it add the chopped onion add the whole spices like black pepper corn,bay leaf,cloves,black cardomom,cinnamon sticks,mix and cook until the onions slightly golden color.
- Now add ginger,garlic paste and saute for until raw smell of the ginger,garlic paste.
- Add chicken and potatoes roast until the color of the chicken and potatoes changes.and then add the red chilli powder,salt according to taste turmeric powder,coriander powder,cumin powder and cook until oil leaves the side.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes mix well and cook for 5 minutes.and add beaten yogurt mix well cook until the chicken gets soft and tender.
- Now add 2 and 1/2 cup water or as needed add chopped mint leaves,green chilli,coriander leaves,lemon juice and add salt according to taste and bring it to a boil add soaked rice mix it and cook on medium-high flame until water dries up.cover and simmer for 10 minutes.before opening the lid to serve.
- Serve tahari with raita and salad.
- Other vegetables like beans or peas or cauliflower and Chickpea can be added to tahari based on personal taste.