Traditional Chicken Biryani is made by layering cooked gravy after which layered with parboiled rice,after which crowned with fried onion,herb and ghee.
You can try my delicious RICE Recipe.
Chicken Biryani gravy made using fried onion,chicken,yogurt,tomatoes which is spiced using a lot of spices.
Also marinate the chicken beforehand and keep it aside of 1 hour as it gives the gravy a delicious flavor and juices and the chicken also absorb up the masala nicely.
I have shared that traditionalchicken-biryani-pakistani-style/
What Is Biryani?
Biryani is made by layering cooked chicken gravy after which layered with parboiled rice,herbs,yellow food color,fried onion and ghee are sealed & cooked on a sluggish steam together.
There are two types of Biryani
1.Raw Meat Biryani:Raw meat and parboiled rice and cooked together.
2.Cooked Meat Biryani:Layer of cooked meat and parboiled rice are steamed together.
Biryani Spices Ingredients
There are included two types of spices like powder spices (Everyday spices),Whole spices.
1. Powdered Spices:Like coriander, cumin,red chili powder,turmeric powder,salt,gram masala powder(whole spices powder are add in biryani.
2.Whole spices:I have added cardamom,black cardamom,cinnamom stick,bay leaf,black peppercorn,cloves,star arise.
Whole Spices Ingredients For Rice
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Cloves
- 3 Bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp Caraway seeds
Choosing Biryani Rice
I have use the brand of Falak Basmati Rice for the best biryani result.
1.Chicken:I have 1 & 1/2 kg whole chicken and cut into biryani piece.
2.Green Chili Paste:I have use 2 tbsp of fresh green chili paste biryani will more spicy.
3.Tomatoes:The gravy of the biryani is prepared made tomatoes which adds a targiness to the biryani.
4.Herbs:coriander and mint leaves
7.yogurt:Use thick yogurt to marinated the chicken.
8.Dried Plums: used in biryani to give a tange taste.
For the First Marination
Wash 1 & 1/2 kg of chicken and drain all the water and mix well to coat with food color and lemon juice.
Marinated chicken in the marinate for only 10 minutes.
For the Second Marination
Meanwhile,prepara the masala take a empty bowl,add yogurt,ginger,garlic paste,red chili powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder,cumin powder,salt,gram masala powder (whole spices powder) mace powder,nutmeg powder,green chili paste mix all of them and marinated add the chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
Chicken Biryani |How to make
- 1 and 1/2 Kg Chicken
- 4 Medium Onion cut sliced
- 8 Medium Tomatoes cut sliced
- half cup Coriander leaves
- halt cup Mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp Lemone juice
- 12 Green chili slit
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- 1 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Yellow food color
- 8 Dried plums
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 2 Tbsp Green chili paste
Powder Spices For Biryani
- 2 Tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 Tbsp Coriander ground
- 1 Tbsp Cumin ground
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Whole spices ground
- 1/2 Tsp Mace powder (javitri)
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg powder (jaifil)
Whole spices for Biryani
- 4 Cardamom
- 2 Black cardamom
- 2 1 inch Cinnamom stick
- 4 Bay leaf
- 10 Black peppercorn
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Star anise
Parboiled Rice Ingredient for Biryani
- 1 kg Basmati Rice FALAK EXTREME BASMIT RICE
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Cloves
- 3 Bay leaf
- 1/2 Tsp 1/2 tsp Caraway seeds
How to make Chicken Gravy
- Firstly,take a mixing bowl,add chicken food color and lemon juice and mix well and set aside.
- Take a second bowl,add yogurt,ginger,garlic paste,red chili powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder,cumin powder,salt,gram masala powder(whole spices powder) mace powder,nutmeg powder,green chili paste mix all of them and marinated add the chicken and marinate cover and set aside for 1 hour.
- Heat a pot over medium flame,add the oil and add onions and fry until the onions are golden color (15 minutes).take out half quantity of fried onion and reserve for lates use.
- Add marinade chicken and saute until it change color.and bay leaf,cloves,cinnamom stick,cardamom,black cardamom,black peppercorn,dried plum and star arise and mix well
- Now add tomatoes mix well and cover and cook until tomatoes are soft.and cook on high flame for 10 minutes until water are dries up.
- Meanwhile,add green chili,coriander,mint leaves mix well and cook other 5 minutes until the oil will have separated from the side of the pot.
- Chicken gravy is ready.
- In a bowl,add rice,water wash throughly and soak for 30 minutes then strain soaked rice set aside.
- Meanwhile,heat water in a large pot over high flame add,salt,oil,bay leaf,cardamom,Cloves, Caraway seeds to the pot,add bring the water to a boil.
- Add soaked rice and cook until 80 % done and drain the rice to a colander.
- n the same pot,add half layer of boiled rice and spread it add cooked chicken gravy and add remaining boiled rice.
- Spread a 2 tbsp of ghee on the top of the biryani.
- Sprinkle food color,mint,coriander leaves,green chili,fried onion.
- Finally,put a foil over the top and cover it with lid.slow cook the biryani for 15 minutes.
- Cakes & Cookies
- Chutney Recipes
- Curry Recipes
- Sweets & Desserts Recipe
- Khajoor ki Barfi RecipeKhajoor ki Barfi Recipe is made from a simple way.The ingredients used to make it are this ghee which is added in every halwa,dates are …
- Jeera rice recipe (Cumin Rice Recipe)Jeera rice recipe is a one-pot dish is a flavored dish the using of sauteing rice with ghee, cumin seed flavored are the principal flavored …
- Apple MilkshakeMake this Apple milkshake using basic ingredients.This simple combination of whip cream and apple shake is outstanding.This Milkshake is top with cool whip cream along …
- Banana Milkshake Recipe|How to make a banana shake recipeBanana Milkshake Recipe is a creamy and greater healthful delicious thick shake that is ready with simply components like Banana, Milk and to make this …
- Chicken Biryani |How to make chicken biryaniTraditional Chicken Biryani is made by layering cooked gravy after which layered with parboiled rice,after which crowned with fried onion,herb and ghee. You can try …
- Chikoo Milkshake Recipe |Sapota shake recipe|Chikoo Milkshake Recipe is a healthy and so delectable flavor during with month of RAMADAN. The natural fructose and sucrose content in sapota(CHIKOO)can give your …
- Dates Milkshake RecipeDates Milkshake Recipe are very common in Pakistan especially during the Iftar and Ramadan season. You can make the milkshake using Cold. This Dates and …
- Keri ki methi chutney (Raw mango chutney)Keri ki chutney is one of every of the preferred recipe I made this summertime season. This Keri ki chutney is easy. Where raw mango …
- Sheer Khurma |Eid Sweet1 Traditionally recipe is made using roasting the nuts, vermicelli cooked in ghee, milk, and different flavorings. This recipe is made for the Eid-ul-Fitr. It …