Chicken KormaCourse: MainCuisine: Indian, PakistaniDifficulty: Medium
Chicken korma is so popular food india and pakistan.how to cook Korma & Qorma Indian subcontinent dish.Chicken Korma is the perfect dinner treat dish that is easy to make, quick and a no fuss recipe.It is so tasty and delicious.most of the pakistani wedding event served korma to guess .we know best Chicken korma recipe share to you.
What Is Korma
Korma or Qorma is a gravy dish starting in the Indian subcontinent. comprising of meat or vegetables braised with yogurt (dahi) or cream, water or stock, and lots of nuts and spices flavors to deliver a thick sauce or glaze.
History of the Korma
Korma or Qorma has its underlying foundations in the Mughlai cuisine of the Indian subcontinent. A trademark Mughal dish, it very well may be followed back to the sixteenth century and to the Mughal invasions into the area. Kormas were frequently arranged in the Mughal court kitchens, for example, the well known white korma, chicken korma ,beef korma , button korma maybe decorated with vark, said to have been served to Shah Jahan and his visitors at the introduction of the Taj Mahal.
Chicken piece 1/2 kg
Yogurt 2/3 cup
Oil 1/2 cup
Ginger paste 1 tbsp
Garlic paste 1 tbsp
Onions 2 medium
Red chillies powder 1 tbsp
Salt 1/2 tsp (according to taste)
Coriander powder 1 tbsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Whole spices powder 1 tsp
Mace powder (javatri) 1 pinch
Nutmeg (jaifil) 1 pinch
Water 1 cup as needed
Kewra water 1 tsp
- Take a pot add oil and add onion fry the onion until golden brown colour.
- Let it cool down.Take a blender jar add fried onion and grind well and set a side.
- In a pot add oil and add ginger,garlic paste and mix well.
- And add chicken fry until chicken changes colour and add salt,red chillies powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder,cumin powder,whole spices powder,mace powder,nutmeg powder,almond and mix well.cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- And add beaten yogurt and mix well.and cook on high flame until all liquid dry up.
- Now add crushed onion and roast and mix it well.add 1 cup of water and kewra water and cook on medium flame.that after 5 minutes turn off the flame.
- Chicken korma is ready.
- Serve with sheemal.