Chicken korma is so popular food india and pakistan.How to cook Korma & Qorma Indian subcontinent dish.Chicken Korma is the perfect dinner treat dish that is easy to make, quick and a no fuss recipe.
It is so tasty and delicious. most of the Pakistani wedding events served korma to guess.
we know best Chicken korma recipe share to you.
You can try my other korma recipe,Chicken White Korma Recipe
What Is Korma?
Korma or Qorma is a gravy dish starting in the Indian subcontinent.
Comprising of meat or vegetables braised with yogurt (dahi) or cream, water or stock, and lots of nuts and spices flavors to deliver a thick sauce or glaze.
History of the Korma
Korma or Qorma has its underlying foundations in the Mughlai cuisine of the Indian subcontinent.
A trademark Mughal dish.
It very well may be followed back to the sixteenth century and to the Mughal invasions into the area.
Kormas were frequently arranged in the Mughal court kitchens,
For example,the well known white korma,chicken korma,beef korma,button korma maybe decorated with vark,said to have been served to Shah Jahan and his visitors at the introduction of the Taj Mahal.
More Curry Recipes
Chicken Korma Recipe
- 1/2 Kg Chicken piece
- 2/3 Cup Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 1 tbsp Garlic paste
- 2 Onions medium
- 1 tbsp Red chillies powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt (according to taste)
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Whole spices powder
- 1 pinch Mace powder (javatri)
- 1 pinch Nutmeg (jaifil)
- 1 Cup Water as needed
- 1 tsp Kewra water
- Almond (soaked)
- Take a pot add oil and add onion fry the onion until golden brown colour.
- Let it cool down.Take a blender jar add fried onion and grind well and set a side.
- In a pot add oil and add ginger,garlic paste and mix well.
- And add chicken fry until chicken changes colour and add salt,red chillies powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder,cumin powder,whole spices powder,mace powder,nutmeg powder,almond and mix well.cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- And add beaten yogurt and mix well.and cook on high flame until all liquid dry up.
- Now add crushed onion and roast and mix it well.add 1 cup of water and kewra water and cook on medium flame.that after 5 minutes turn off the flame.
- Chicken korma is ready.
- Serve with sheemal.
- Curry Recipes
- Sweets & Desserts Recipe