Chicken Pulao is a one pot meal made with basmati rice, mix vegetable, spices. and other ingredients such as vegetables or meat, and employing some technique for achieving cooked grains that do not adhere.
Chicken pulao is one of the most amazing royal delicacies introduced to Indian.
Traditional chicken pulao is made by layering marinated chicken pulao and then layered with parboiled rice, herbs. then ghee.
I have shared that traditional chicken pulao.
What is chicken pulao?
This One Pot Chicken Pulao or Chicken Tahari is a finger-licking spicy dish made keeping in mind the satiating blend of chicken, tomatoes, and sweet-smelling basmati rice.
This dish is perfect for a quick meal where everything is put into one skillet and the result is a tasty flavourful Pulao.
What you need for a good chicken pulao?
To make a good chicken pulao,always use the best quality ingredients.
The choice of good quantity basmati rice, whole spices, spices powder, chicken. ghee all contribute to the flavors of chicken pulao.
Ingredients Required To Make Chicken Pulao
1.Chicken-We usually use up the cut whole chicken to make the chicken pulao.
However! always find chicken breast pieces dry out if not marinated well with yogurt.
If you prefer a tender and soft succulent piece of chicken in your chicken pulao, then just use chicken thighs and drumsticks.
Always use bone-in-chicken as it helps the dish to turn out more flavorful.
2.Basmati Rice-Use the best quality basmati rice to make it. Having said that, this dish tastes great with any kind of rice.
3.Yogurt-Use plain thick yogurt to marinate the chicken.
4.Spices-You will need regular whole spices like, Bay leaf, Cinnamon stick, Black cardamom, Cloves, Black peppercorn.
5.Ghee-Traditionally chicken pulao was made using ghee. Since the recipe does not follow the traditional method, you can also make it using oil. Any other oil of your choice.
6.Fresh Ingredients: You will need fresh ingredients like Green chilli, Lemon juice, Mint leaves, Coriander leaves.
7.Other Ingredients-You will also need ginger, garlic paste, basic spices like whole spices powder, cumin powder, coriander powder,salt, fennel powder.
Add an amazing flavor to this chicken pulao. Freshly made gram masala adds an amazing flavor to this pulao.
More Rice Recipes
- Chicken Biryani (pakistani style)
- Hyderabadi Bagara Rice (Bagara Chawal)
- Chana Biryani
- Peas Pulao (Matar pulao)
- Chicken Fried Rice
Chicken Pulao Recipe
- 1/2 kg Chicken
- 2 Cup Rice (basmati)
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Lemone juice
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Whole spices powder
- 1/2 tsp Fennel powder (saunf)
- 2 Bay leaf
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 Black cardomom
- 2 Cloves
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 Onion medium
- 4 Black peppercorn
- 4 prunes
Boiled rice ingredients:
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Black cardomom
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Black peppercorn
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Fresh mint leaves chopped
- Fried onion as needed
- Food color few drop
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Making Chicken Gravy:
- Soak the rice for about 1 hour before cooking.
- Slice the onion and fry it in oil until it is become into golden brown.
- Now add the chicken and fry until changes the colour and then add ginger,garlic paste and mix well.
- Now add lemone juice,cinnamom stick.bay leaf,cloves,fennel powder,salt,black pepper corn,black cardomom,cumin powder,coriander powder,whole spices powder and prunes and mix well.
- Now add beaten yogurt and mix well and cook on medium flame until the chicken is tender and the water is dry and oil separates.
- And then add chopped coriander leaves,mint leaves,green chillies fry for few minutes.
- chicken gravy is ready.
- Parboiled Rice:
- Boil the rice with Salt,bay leaf,cinnamon stick,black cardomom,cloves,black pepper corn and drain the water off when the rice is 80% done.
- Then add a layer of rice (half of the rice) spread the chicken gravy and then add remaining rice and spread food colour,fried onion and chopped mint,coriander leaves and spread ghee on top of the last layers.
- Cover and steam cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Serve with raita.
- Always used fresh coriander and mint leaves in pulao and biryani.
- Curry Recipes
- Sweets & Desserts Recipe