Doughnuts are warm deep-fried in a dipped for chocolate glazed. The fried doughnut is very famous in countries like American. Crispy from outside and soft and tender from inside.
You can try my other Sweet Recipe,Hyderabadi Gujiya (Hyderabadi methi puri with kheer)
Step By Step Instruction
Step 1.Make The Dough: In a large bowl, add all-purpose flour, yeast, melted butter, salt, powder sugar, egg and mix well.
Gradually transfer milk and knead. If preparing by hand or mixer, knead the dough after its rest for 10 minutes, until it S’ smooth and soft.
Lightly grease a bowl with oil. Place the dough in the bowl, turning it to coat all sides in the oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, let it rise for 2 hours until it is doubled.
Step 2.Punch Down The Dough To Release The Air:
Step 3. Roll The Dough And Cut:Once the dough has risen, place it on a floured dust kitchen counter and knead.
The Rolling pin, roll out of the dough to about 1/3 of an inch thickness.
Cut with a round, sharp doughnut cutter, then make the holes with a smaller cookie cutter.
Step 4.Let The Cut Doughnut Rise: place each doughnut on a piece put the tray cover them with a kitchen towel and let rise until they are doubled in size.
This will take about 30 minutes. When the donuts are ready for frying.
Step 5.Heat oil:Using a heavy pot and heat the oil to 180 c before donuts frying.
Step 6.Fry The Donuts: To fry the donuts heat some inches of oil or frying in a large pot over medium to low heat. Drop the doughnuts into the hot oil using the hand to carefully fry the donuts until golden brown approximately 1 to half minutes per side. Use a slotted spoon lightly turn the donuts when ready. Once they are golden brown on each side, then remove the donuts.The paper towel will assist take in the extra oil.
Step 7.Glaze The Donuts: Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute stirring between until smooth.
- 2 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Yeast
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Egg
- warm milk as knead
- Ghee for frying
- 1 Cup Dark chocolate
Making A Donuts:
- In a large bowl,mix the all-purpose flour,yeast,sugar.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingerdients and add egg,vanilla essence,butter and mix well.
- Gradually add warm milk and knead using a hand,mix until combined.
- Shape the kneaded dough into a ball.place the dough into a lightly greased bowl and cover with a plastic wrap.Let it rest for 1 hour until doubled in size.
- After 1 hour,once the dough has doubled place it on a kitchen counter and knead lightly.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts with a rolling pin,roll out half of the dough to about 1/2 inch thick.Cut with round,sharp doughtnuts cutter.
- Place the donuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a large deep pot,heat ghee,(oil temperature at 180 c while frying) Drop the doughnuts into the hot oil using the hand to carefully fry the donuts until golden brown about 1 to half minutes per side. Use a slotted spoon gently flip the donuts when ready. Once they are golden brown on each side, then remove the donuts. The paper towel will help soak up the excess oil.
Making A Chocolate Glaze:
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 1 minutes stirring between until smooth.
- Dip the tops of the donuts into the chocolate glaze and place on a cooling rack to set.you can sprinkle on top for a colorful finish.
10 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories170
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.9g 10%
- Cholesterol 24mg 8%
- Sodium 35mg 2%
- Potassium 56mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 4%
- Sugars 11.3g
- Protein 4.1g 9%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.