Gujiya Recipe is a lovely and well known dessert with a crispy from outside and soft inside and sweet stuffing made with grated coconut, poppy seeds, almond, pistachio, and sugar is stuffing inside it is a delicious, deep-fried gujiya Recipe.
Usually,the shape of the gujiya is half-moon shape,but you can make any shape depending on your preference.
Gujiya is a traditional Hyderabadi Mithai make dough with all-purpose flour, semolina (suji), ghee, and milk. Stuffing with a sweet made with grated coconut, white poppy seeds, almond, pistachio, and sugar.
It is deep frying until they become golden and crispy from outside they are dipped into kheer.
Hyderbadi Gujiya (hyderbadi methi puri with kheer)
- Half kg All-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Semoline (suji)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Melted ghee
- Lukewarm milk as needed
- 2 Medium piece Cocount
- 1/2 Cup White poppy seeds
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Pistachios
- 1/2 Cup Almond
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Soak almond,pistachio for 30 minutes and remove the skin and cut them into slivers.
- Take coconut then grate the coconut with a hand help-grater and set aside.
- Wash the poppy seeds. drain all the water with the help of a tea strainer.spread the poppy seed on the plate.Let the poppy see dry for 30 minutes.
- Take a large bowl and add,alomond,pistachios,grated coconuts,sugar,poppy seeds and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Stuffing is ready.
Making Dough And Shape
- In a large bowl,add all-purpose flour,semoline(suji) and salt and mix well.
- Add melted ghee on the flour rub the ghee with the flour using your fingers.
- Then add gradually milk and knead well .Cover with a moist cloth and keep aside for 2 hours.
- Knead the dough again for a minutes.Divide the dough into about 20 equal parts and roll into balls with the palms of your hand.
- Now, with the help of the rolling pin roll to a thin circle roti of 4 inches in diameter
- place about 2 tbsp of the stuffing on one side of the circle.
- Fold it into the half-moon shaped and gently press the edges.
- Then keep on pinching and twisting the edges till the end.
- Prepare gujiya and keep them covered with a moist cloth to prevent them from drying out.
Frying Making Gujiya
- Heat ghee in a pot over low to medium flame for frying.
- Once the ghee is hot gently drop the gujiya and deep fry them until golden and crispy.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the fried gujiya from oil.
- Place the fried gujiya on tissues paper.once they are cooled completely.
- And serve with kheer.
- For the best taste,fry puri into the ghee.
- Add only 4 puri at a time.
- Don’t use the frying pan,I usally use a big pot
- Always fry the puri in low to medium flame.
- Don’t press the puri while frying or they ,ll break and the stuffing will mix in the ghee.
- You can easily double this recipe.
- Don’t overstuffing the puri.
12 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories29
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6.1g 31%
- Cholesterol 24mg 8%
- Sodium 122mg 6%
- Potassium 128mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8%
- Sugars 18.8g
- Protein 5.2g 11%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.