Bagara rice is a traditional hyderbadi cuisines rice dish made with rice,whole spices,herbs and green chili.
such as cloves,Cinnamon stick, blace peppercorns, green cardamom.
Bagara rice is one of the most popular recipe for hyderbadi cusision that is prepared in almost every households, especially in India and pakistan.More rice chicken fried rice
In this recipe, rice is sauteed in a spicy that is so simple yet full of flavor.
It is one- pot dish and is made with minimal ingredients making it perfect for your meal.
Whole spices and herbs form the main ingredients of this recipe.
There are one way of making rice.
Bagara is usually prepared during lunch.
It is a very good combination with chicken korma.
Bagara rice is a flavoured Hyderabadi rice dish made by rice,ghee, fresh green chillies, coriander,mint and whole spices.
You can add of you choice like boiled eggs, boiled potatoes in rice
It is a one pot dish spices are roasted in ghee to bring out the aroma.Then the rice is sauteed with these spices & absorbed and rice is cooked.
The pot is then fixed and steam cooked.
It is a super, smelling and delicious rice dish infused with whole spices and lots of goodness.
It makes for a great lunch ready under 30 minutes get to ready served with a curry side dish like chicken korma,white chicken korma.
There are no used powdered spices as such in a Bagara rice,only whole spices that are mainly used to infuse flavour into the rice.
The key ingredients is the whole spice.
What Is Bagara Rice?
The word means Bagara Rice is tempering.Fried onion with sauté rice,mint,coriander,green chili and whole spices.It is called Bagara chawal.
1.Rice:I used long grain basmati rice,as they turn out to be fluffy.
If you do not add basmati rice, you can use any regular rice that you prefer.
2.Ginger, Garlic Paste: I have given their quantity in whole form ginger, garlic make this paste beforehand and airtight bottle and store it in the fridge too. Add in the Bagara rice. which gives it a similar flavor.
3.Green Chilli:Added for a good spiciness to this recipe.You can adjust the amount of green chilli of your choice.
4.Whole Spices: I have add whole spices. whole spices are add to the hot ghee.
They release an astounding flavor, along with making the rice flavourful.
5.Ghee:I have added ghee for a make this recipe only in oil,for the best taste.
Add whole spices to hot ghee,they release their flavour and aroma.
If you do not add ghee ,you can use oil.
6.Onion:Here,we will add sliced thinly onion along with rice.Always fry the onion slightly brown (do not the dark brown) and the best deliciousness.
7.Seasonings:Flavour the with such as salt.
You can increase and decrease amount of theses salt as per your taste.
8.Mint Coriander Leaves:Mint and coriander leaves adds freshness in this recipe.
More Rice Recipes
Hyderabadi Bagara Rice (Bagara Chawal)
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 1 Small Onion thinly sliced
- 1/8 Cup Fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1/8 Cup Coriander leaves chopped
- 4 Green chillies slit
- 1/2 tsp Ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic paste
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Star anise
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 Black pepper corn
- 2 Green cardamom
- 1 inch Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 tsp Careway
- 2 Black cardamom
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Cup Water
- 3 tbsp Ghee
How To Make Bagara Rice
- Wash the rice 4 times with water and soak it for about 30 minutes, before cooking.
- Pour ghee to a pot.Once the ghee is melt the ghee turns hot,add sliced onion and fry on medium flame until the onions carmelized brown.
- Then add,ginger,garlic paste fry until it begin to smell good.
- Add all the whole spices like black peppercorn,cinnamon stick,bay leaf,cloves,star arise,careway,green cardamom and black cardamom fry until they turn slighly browned.
- Add the rice and saute for 5 minutes then add green chillies,coriander leaves,mint leaves mix well.
- Now add 2 cup of water and 1 tsp of salt mix well.
- When the water start boiling and cook on medium flame keep stirring until the liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Fluff up the rice gently with a spoon.
- Spread it layer evenly too.
- Finally cover and steam cook on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Bagara Rice served with Chicken Korma.
- Soaking the rice helps cooking faster and they also turn out nice and not mushy.
- Make this rice recipe only in ghee,for the best taste,But if you do not like add ghee,you can use oil too.
- Traditionally made rice dish uses onlt whole spices.
- Generally no powder spices is used.
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories541
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 12.2g 61%
- Cholesterol 49mg 17%
- Sodium 1182mg 50%
- Potassium 5mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 4.2g 17%
- Sugars 1.7g
- Protein 7.8g 16%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.