Jeera rice recipe is a one-pot dish is a flavored dish the using of sauteing rice with ghee, cumin seed flavored are the principal flavored withinside the rice and whole spice and herb to make it greater flavored. Cumin seeds are also known as Jeera in URDU languages.
Serve with different curry I personally Like this jeera rice recipe with Beef korma (Pakistani Style)
It is a easy rice dish where in rice is flavored with cumin seed.
I moreover fry the spices in ghee is a taste with a tremendous aroma of rice.
However, you can add onion if you like it. At times even onion is added to give a nice Caramel color to the rice.
I additionally choose to use basmati rice for the excellent end result they flip out separates and fluffy.
Jeera rice recipe (Cumin Rice Recipe)
- 2 Cup Basmati Rice (Falak)
- 2 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 2 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 2 Black cardamom (Badi elaichi)
- 2 Green Cardamom (Elaichi)
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 4 Black peppercorn (Kali mirch)
- 2 2 inch Cinnamon Sticks (Dalchini)
- 1 tbsp Salt (Namak)
- 1/4 tsp Mace Crushed (Javitri)
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg crushed (Jaifal)
- 2 Star anise (Badiyan ka phool)
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- Coriander leaves chopped as needed
- 4 Green chili slit
- Soak for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- After 30 minutes drain the water it completely.
- Heat the ghee in a wok.when it turn hot,add the cumin seeds and when they starts to crackle and fry for a second.
- Add ginger,garlic paste and fry for 30 second until it light browned.
- Then add one by one whole spices like,Bay leaf,Black cardamom,Green Cardamom,Cloves,Black peppercorn,Cinnamon Sticks,Mace Crushed,Nutmeg crushed,Star anise and saute until it turn aromatic.
- Add the drained rice and saute for 1 minutes now add pour water and mix well.
- Meanwhile,add the salt according your taste,chop coriander and green chili and
- Cook uncovered on a medium to low flame until water has dries up.
- Spread the rice desired.
- Cover and steam on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Jeera rice is ready to eat.
- Serve with Korma is best combination.
5 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories377
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6.5g 33%
- Cholesterol 26mg 9%
- Sodium 10mg 1%
- Potassium 147mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 11%
- Sugars 0.2g
- Protein 5.9g 12%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
- Cakes & Cookies
- Chutney Recipes
- Curry Recipes
- Sweets & Desserts Recipe
- Khajoor ki Barfi RecipeKhajoor ki Barfi Recipe is made from a simple way.The ingredients used to make it are this ghee which is added in every halwa,dates are …
- Jeera rice recipe (Cumin Rice Recipe)Jeera rice recipe is a one-pot dish is a flavored dish the using of sauteing rice with ghee, cumin seed flavored are the principal flavored …
- Apple MilkshakeMake this Apple milkshake using basic ingredients.This simple combination of whip cream and apple shake is outstanding.This Milkshake is top with cool whip cream along …
- Banana Milkshake Recipe|How to make a banana shake recipeBanana Milkshake Recipe is a creamy and greater healthful delicious thick shake that is ready with simply components like Banana, Milk and to make this …
- Chicken Biryani |How to make chicken biryaniTraditional Chicken Biryani is make by layering cook gravy after which layered with parboiled rice,after which crowned with fried onion,herb and ghee. You can try …
- Chikoo Milkshake Recipe |Sapota shake recipe|Chikoo Milkshake Recipe is a healthy and so delectable flavor during with month of RAMADAN. The natural fructose and sucrose content in sapota(CHIKOO)can give your …
- Dates Milkshake RecipeDates Milkshake Recipe are very common in Pakistan especially during the Iftar and Ramadan season. You can make the milkshake using Cold. This Dates and …
- Keri ki methi chutney (Raw mango chutney)Keri ki chutney is one of every of the preferred recipe I made this summertime season. This Keri ki chutney is easy. Where raw mango …
- Sheer Khurma |Eid Sweet1 Traditionally recipe is made using roasting the nuts, vermicelli cooked in ghee, milk, and different flavorings. This recipe is made for the Eid-ul-Fitr. It …