Lauki ka halwaCourse: DessertCuisine: Indian, pakistaniDifficulty: Easy
Lauki ka halwa is a very popular summer sweet dessert.it is quick and simple to made with bottle gourd,milk,sugar,ghee and milk powder.
What is Lauki
Lauki also knows as bottle gourd.Lauki bottle gourd is a vegetable high in water content and is a rich sources of vitamin C,K and calcium.it also help in maintaining a healthy heart and also help lower bad cholesterol level.Lauki juice is beneficial for improving the digestive system,diabetic patients a sit help stabilizes the blood sugar and maintain blood pressure.Bottle gourd also help you sleep better.A good night’s sleep improves your metabolism and activates you hormones.
lauki (bottle gourd) 2 large
Milk 2 cup
Ghee 3 tbsp
Milk powder 1 cup
sugar 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder(Elaichi)1/2 tsp
- Wash and peel bottle gourds cut into two halves,then remove the seeds and grate.
- Add grated lauki,milk and mix well,cover and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder mix well and then cook on medium flame until the milk dries, keep stirring.
- Add ghee and cook on medium flame for 5 minutes,till the ghee comes on edges,keep stirring.
- Add sugar and mix well,stir until sugar melts.
- Add milk powder and mix until combined.
- Garnish with almond and pista.
- Always,use a good quality ghee for the best taste.
- Always choose a fresh and seedless bottle gourd to make halwa.