Lauki ka halwa is a very popular summer sweet dessert. It is quick and simple to make with bottle gourd, milk, sugar, ghee, and milk powder.
Which flavored with cardamom and kewra water.
You can make this sweet dessert to enjoy after your meal.
Lauki ka halwa is a labor-intensive process that required need a lot of stirring while cooking.
l have also preferred the recipe to cook it in a heavy bottom pot.
This one is prepared for all the special occasions.
What is Lauki?
Lauki also knows as bottle gourd.Lauki bottle gourd is a vegetable high in water content and is a rich sources of vitamin C,K and calcium.
It also help in maintaining a healthy heart and also help lower bad cholesterol level.
Lauki juice is beneficial for improving the digestive system,diabetic patients a sit help stabilizes the blood sugar and maintain blood pressure.
Bottle gourd also help you sleep better.A good night’s sleep improves your metabolism and activates you horm ingredients for make
Ingredients To Need Make Halwa
1.Lauki:Lauki it is called bottle gourd is a summer vegetable.
2.Milk Powder: I have also added, milk powder-soft texture and the creaminess of this Halwa.
3.Milk:I have use full fat milk for the best result.
4.Ghee: This halwa should be made in ghee for the best result.
5.Cardamom: I have added crush cardamom seeds and add them to the lauki halwa.
More Sweet Recipes
Lauki Ka Halwa
- 2 Medium sized Bottle gourd
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Milk powder
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- 2-4 Cardamom seeds
- Almond as needed
- Peel the lauki cut the lauki into the half vertically,remove seeds and grate it.
- Add the grated lauki, mix well on a low flame until the smell goes away and the moisture dries.
- Then add milk mix very well continue to cook on a low flame until the milk comes to a boil.
- The milk will start boiling.keep on stirring often continue to cook on low flame until the milk in absorbed and lauki is cooked.
- Add ghee and,very well with the lauki and stirring for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add sugar and mix well and cook on low flame 2 minutes until sugar dissolve and keep stirring in between.
- Add milk powder,cardamom and, mix until combined stirring often cook until the halwa starts coming together and thickens until ghee separated from the sides.
- Add almond for garnishing.
- Dish out the lauki ka halwa and serve.
- Curry Recipes
- Sweets & Desserts Recipe