Matar pulaoCourse: Main dishCuisine: Indian, pakistaniDifficulty: Easy
Matar pulao is a simple aromatic filling,one pot,flavorful rice dish.
What is matar pulao?
This matar pulao is made with basmatic rice,whole spices,green peas and oil.
Matar 1 cup boiled
Onion 1 small sliced
Ginger paste 1 tsp
Garlic paste 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp or to taste
Bay leaf 3-4
Cinnamon stick 2 inch 1
Black pepper corn 4-6
Black cardamom 1
Green chili 4-6
Mint leaves 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves 1/4 cup
Rice basmati 2 cup
Water 3 glass
Oil 1/8 cup
- Wash the rice and soak in water for 30 minutes.after that drain the water.
- In pot,add oil,onion and fry until lightly browned.
- Add ginger,garlic paste and saute for few minutes.
- Add cloves,bay leaf,cinnamon stick,black cardomom,black pepper corn and saute for a minutes.
- Add rice,matar and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add salt,water, mint leaves,coriander leaves,green chili and cook on a low to medium flame until all the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Serve with raita.
- You can always use fresh green peas to make matar pulao.
- Adjust the salt according to your taste.