Moong Dal HalwaCourse: DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Moong Dal Halwa It is a popular dessert sweet made in india , pakistan. during winter month which is made is every household.this is a unique and delicious recipe uses just main ingredient like Moong Dal,ghee,sugar,and milk.
Halwa (sweet) the most common Indian Pakistan dessert which is made in every household and sweet shop. It’s so common and average that you will hardly ever see it on the menu cards of Indian Pakistani restaurants.
What is a Halwa
Halva are thick, sweet desserts starting in the Center East. It is additionally served in central and South Asia (Pakistan , India , Bangladesh ), the Balkans, the Caucasus, Eastern Europe, Malta, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, and in the Jewish diaspora.
History of the Halwa
This sweet the Turkish enjoyment was set up by the helvahâneli with three essential fixings: starch, fat and sugar. Another goody about halwa is from Ukraine. Nathan Radutzky, a jew from Kiev, arranged halvah in 1907 of every a little carport and once it got well known, he moved to Brooklyn, US, and set up a little manufacturing plant known as Joyva. It is currently the greatest organization that makes halva in the nation .
Yellow lentil 1 cup (soaked for 2 hours)
Milk 1 cup
Ghee 1/2 cup
Dry fruit for garnish
Sugar 3 tbsp (according to taste)
Water 1/2 cup
Yellow food colour few drop
- Firstly wash and soak the dal 2 hour grind the moong dal to a smooth paste with some water and then keep a side.
- And now in pot add 1/2 cup ghee and let it melt add grinded moong dal mixture well and cook on low flame for 10 minutes and mix well until ghee leaves the side by dal paste this will take 5 minutes and then add sugar in it and stir well.
- Gradually add milk and few drop of yellow food colour and mix continuosly cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes and mix well until it leaves the side of pot.
- Garnish with dry fruit.
- serve moong dal halwa hot or warm.
- Roast the Dal in ghee on low flame until it turns golden brown in colour.
- Cooked Halwa can be stored in the fridge for 7 day in the freezer and to re heat the Halwa the best is using a microwave.