Sawaiyon ka Zarda is a popular Indian sweet that is prepared for special occasions.
Sawaiyon ka Zarda is an amazing combination of roasting the vermicelli in the ghee, and sugar syrup and gets ready in under 20 minutes.
Seviyan means vermicelli Seviyan is the Urdu word use for vermicelli noodles.
It can be make without milk. It is very famous & is enjoy after meals.
Sawaiyon ka Zarda
- 1 packet Seviyan (vermicelli)
- 1/2 Cup Ghee
- 1/2+1/8 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cup Water
- 10 Almond
- 10 Pistachios
- Soak almond, pistachio for 20 minutes. After 30 minutes drain the water completely. Peel the skin of the almond, pistachio. Slice the almond, pistachio thinly. keep aside.
How To Make Sugar Syrup
- In another pot,add sugar and water bring it to a boil and dissolve the sugar completely.keep aside.
- Heat a pot add 1/2 cup ghee let the ghee is melt and when the ghee once hot, add almond, pistachio, cardamom seeds fry them for 2 minutes until they start becoming a light golden brown in color.
- Remove the nuts from the pot and set aside.
How to make seviyan
- In the same pot,add seviyan fry them in ghee for 10 minutes on low flame until become golden.
- Add sugar syrup to the fried seviyan stir and mix well and cook until all of the water is absorbed cover and cook on low flame for 1 minutes.
- Garnish with fried nuts.
- Amount Per ServingCalories482
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 16g 80%
- Cholesterol 66mg 22%
- Sodium 4mg 1%
- Potassium 24mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4%
- Sugars 50.9g
- Protein 2.5g 5%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
- Curry Recipes
- Sweets & Desserts Recipe