Shahi Zarda is a traditional sweet rice dessert .The word came from the persian work Zarda,which means yellow.Zarda also known as Meethe Chawal a sweet rice dish delicately flavoured with aromatic spices,dry fruits and lots of tutti frutti and nuts. Shahi Zarda is a very popular dish in wedding and special occasions like festival, celebration.
What Is Zarda?
Zarda is a dessert made with,rice,ghee, spices,yellow color,sugar and lots of tutti frutti and nuts.
It is basically for festival, wedding and served as dessert.
The meaning of zarda is the Persian word Zarda and it particularly mean yellow.
Because this sweet rice is yellow color, hence called Zarda.
What Ingredients Use For Zarda?
- Basmati Rice,Ghee,and sugar are the basic ingredients any zarda recipe.
- Whole spices like Green Cardamom,Cloves.
- Dry Fruit and Nuts like Walnut,Almond,Pistachio.
- Garnishes like lots of Tutti Frutti.
Step By Step Instruction
Wash the rice and soak in water for 2 hour.After 2 hour drain the water from the rice.
Bring water to a rolling boil in a large cooking pot.Add yellow food color.Add the drained rice to the boiling water.Cook the rice to 3/4 done.
Immediately drain the rice completely&spread it wide in the colander itself.Cool it down completely.
Roast The Nuts
Add ghee to a pot and heat it on a medium flame.Fry the nuts until fragrant,remove to a plate and keep aside.
Making The Zarda
Start by heating ghee in a pot.Add cardamom and cloves and roast for a minutes or so until fragrant.Add the cooked rice in the pot.
Add sugar,mix well,so that the sugar gets mix evenly with cooked rice grains on a low flame,cook the zarda.
You will the sugar melting and some liquid consistency in zarda.Stir the zarda mixture occasionally.Cook until the sugar dries up.Cover and cook zarda for 20-25 minutes.
Once is no liquid consistency,thens spread the roast nuts over the zarda.
More Sweet Recipe
Shahi Zarda (Sweet Rice)
- 1/2 Kg Sella rice (washed and soaked for at least 2 hour)
- Water (for boiling rice)
- 4-5 Green Cardamom
- 4-5 Cloves
- 1 tsp Yellow Food Color
- 1 and 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Ghee
- 1/8 Cup Almond (sliced)
- 1/8 Cup Pistachios (sliced)
- Tutti Frutti (Ashrafiyan) as needed
- Wash rice with water thoroughly and soak them in water for 2 hours.
- In pot,bring water to a boil.Dissolve yellow food color in water,add it to pot and mix well.
- Add rice and let them boil.
- Cook the rice until 3/4th done then strain & set aside.
- Add ghee to a pot and heat it on a medium flame fry the nut until slight golden,remove to a plate and keep aside.
- In a separate pot,add ghee,green cardamom and cloves and let them roast for a minutes.
- Add boil rice, sugar and mix carefully.Cover and cook until liquid dries up.
- Then spread the roast nuts and tutti frutti over the Zarda.
- Cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Take out in a serving dish,add zarda and garnish with roast nut and tutti frutti.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories966
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 16.2g 81%
- Cholesterol 66mg 22%
- Sodium 15mg 1%
- Potassium 154mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8%
- Sugars 100.4g
- Protein 7.7g 16%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
- Cakes & Cookies
- Chutney Recipes
- Curry Recipes
- Sweets & Desserts Recipe
- Khajoor ki Barfi RecipeKhajoor ki Barfi Recipe is made from a simple way.The ingredients used to make it are this ghee which is added in every halwa,dates are …
- Sheer Khurma |Eid Sweet1 Traditionally recipe is made using roasting the nuts, vermicelli cooked in ghee, milk, and different flavorings. This recipe is made for the Eid-ul-Fitr. It …
- DoughnutsDoughnuts are warm deep-fried in a dipped for chocolate glazed. The fried doughnut is very famous in countries like American. Crispy from outside and soft …
- Gujiya Recipe (Hyderabadi methi gujiya with kheer)Gujiya Recipe is a lovely and well known dessert with a crispy from outside and soft inside and sweet stuffing made with grated coconut, poppy …
- Gajrela (Carrot Kheer) |How to make carrot kheer1 Gajrela(Carrot kheer) is smooth and creamy which is also known as gajrela, an Indian and Pakistan carrot pudding.Gajrela is made with common ingredients like …
- Sawaiyon ka Zarda1 Sawaiyon ka Zarda is an excellent aggregate of roasting the vermicelli in the Sawaiyon ka Zarda is an excellent aggregate of roasting the vermicelli …
- Custard Whip CreamThis incredible and yummy Vanilla Custard Whip Cream is an Indian and Pakistan dessert.with layers of Vanilla Custard, colored vermicelli,Chocolate chip,nuts,Jelly and the top of …
- Shahi Zarda (Sweet Rice)Shahi Zarda is a traditional sweet rice dessert .The word came from the persian work Zarda,which means yellow.Zarda also known as Meethe Chawal a sweet …
- Rice kheer Recipe (Rice Pudding)Rice kheer is a traditional sweet dessert made for festivals & occasions.It is very similar to the English Rice Pudding,is easy to make and quite …