Traditionally recipe is made using roasting the nuts, vermicelli cooked in ghee, milk, and different flavorings.
This recipe is made for the Eid-ul-Fitr. It is very famous in Pakistani, Indian, Afghanistan and, Bangladesh.
In the perian sheer means milk and khurma is dates.
The special sweet dish is served on the morning of Eid after the Namaz as breakfast,and throughout the day to all the visiting relative.
It is a Hyderabadi sweet dish is sheer khurma
This recipe less vermicelli more milk consistency is a personal preference.
Enjoy this recipe for Eid and Eid Mubarak
- 1 and 1/2 Kg Milk
- half packet vermicelli
- 1 Cup Ghee
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2-4 Cardamom pods
- 25 Almond
- 25 Pistachios
- 10 Dried Dates
- 4 pieces Kalakand
preparation of sheer khurma
- place almond,pistachios and dates in a bowl with and soak overnight.drain and rinse,then remove the skin.
- Slices into sliver cut and set aside.
- Crush the vermicelli and set aside.
Roasting the nuts
- Heat ghee in a pot on medium flame let it melt,one by one add almond,pistachios and dates to the fry for 2 minutes until nuts are turn golden. Remove the nut from the pot and set aside.
Simmering the Milk
- In pot,add milk,sugar and crushed cardamom seeds,mix well and bring it to boil and until sugar are dissolve into the milk.
Roasting the vermicelli (Seviyan)
- Add the remaining ghee,and the add crushed vermicelli and fry on low flame until vermicelli are golden.
- Now add,prepare milk and add half of the fried nuts and dates.
- Stir well and simmer until the vermicelli is cooked and sheer khurma is thicken consistency.
- Now add kalkand and mix well and turn off the flame.
- Serve the sheer khuma with the top of fried nuts and kalkand pieces.