Sheermal Alternative name is Shirmal origin by iran.It is so popular food in Iran Pakistan.
Sheermal traditional flatbread from Greater Iran.Sheermal recipe milk rubbed.
- 4 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Ghee
- 1 tbsp Instant yeast
- 1/2 Cup Powder sugar
- 1/8 Cup Lukewarm water
- Lukewarm milk to knead dough
Sugar syrup ingredient:
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- In small cup,add lukewarm water,yeast and mix well,cover and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Take a bowl,add all-purpose flour,sugar,egg and mix well.
- Add yeast mixture and mix well.
- Add lukewarm milk,mix well and until dough is soft and add ghee and knead again,cover and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Make sugar syrup by dissolving a sugar in water.
- Divide dough into equal portion and dust flour and make small ball out of the dough.roll into shape of roti.
- Transfer into a baking tray.
- Prick top by using fork.and apply the sugar syrup in the top of sheermal.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Take it out,add sugar syrup with the help of brush.
- Sheermal is ready and enjoy.
- Baked sheermal can be stored in the fridge for 1 day in the freezer and to re heat the sheermal the best is using microwave
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories529
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 11.5g 58%
- Cholesterol 74mg 25%
- Sodium 33mg 2%
- Potassium 163mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11%
- Sugars 11.9g
- Protein 11.7g 24%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
- Curry Recipes
- Sweets & Desserts Recipe