Suji, Semolina, when made sweet dessert, is called sheer, Suji ka Halwa.
Several variants of this dish are available under other names in various parts of India.
Suji ka halwa
- 1 Cup Semolina
- 1 Cup Ghee
- 4-5 Green cardomom
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 4 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Kewra essence 1 tsp
- Dry fruit as required (for garnishing)
To make a sugar syrup
- In a pot add sugar and water cook on low flame until it become melted.and set a side.
To make a suji halwa
- Heat ghee in a wok,add green cardomom,saute for few minutes.
- Add semolina and roast on medium low flame until light brown colour.
- And then add sugar syrup and give it a good mix.
- Now add water and mix well,cover and cook on medium low flame for 4 minutes.
- And then add kewra essence and mix it.cover and simmer for a minutes.
- Add chopped pistachio for garnishing.
- Dish out the suji ka halwa and serve.
5 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories628
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 26.4g 132%
- Cholesterol 105mg 35%
- Sodium 7mg 1%
- Potassium 66mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g 6%
- Sugars 40g
- Protein 4.4g 9%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.