Suji ,Semolina, when made sweet dessert, is called sheera ,Suji ka Halwa.Several variants of this dish are available under other names in various parts of India.
suji ka halwaCourse: DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Semolina 1 cup
Ghee 1 cup
Green cardomom 4-5
Sugar 1 cup +half cup water
Water 4 cup as required
Kewra essence 1 tsp
Dry fruit as required (for garnishing)
- To make a sugar syrup: in a pot add sugar and water cook on low flame until it become melted.and set a side.
- Heat ghee in a wok,add green cardomom,saute for few minutes.
- Add semolina and roast on medium low flame until light brown colour.
- And then add sugar syrup and give it a good mix.
- Now add water and mix well,cover and cook on medium low flame for 4 minutes.
- And then add kewra essence and mix it.cover and simmer for a minutes.
- Add chopped pistachio for garnishing.
- Dish out the suji ka halwa and serve.