Zarda is a traditional boiled sweet rice dish.Zarda is usually made using red, green, yellow food coloring and garnished with almond,pista, coconut.
Whereas the zarda is made using various toppings including dry nut, khoya, chum chum.
Zarda (sweet rice)
- 1 Cup Rice (sella) (soaked for 4 hours)
- 1/2 Cup Ghee
- 4-5 Green cardamom
- 4-5 Cloves
- 12 tbsp Sugar or to taste
- 1 tsp Kewra essence
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/4 tsp Red food color
- 1/4 tsp Green food color
- 8 Cup Water
- Pistachio sliced
- Coconut (narial) sliced
- 1/2 Cup Khoya
- Almond sliced
- Chum chum as your required
- Take a pot,add water,salt and boiled it and then add soaked rice and stir it and boiled it cook until rice are 90% done.after that strainer it and dry it.
- In 2 bowls,add 1/8 cup of boiled rice in each bowl,add red food color,green food color,mix well and set aside.
- In pot,add ghee and let it melt,add almond,pista,coconut,cloves,green cardamom fry the nut until golden color.
- Add remaining boiled rice and mix well.
- Add sugar,mix well and cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Add kewra water,mix well and then cover and cook for 15 minutes to low flame.
- Add green colored rice,red colored rice cover and simmer on low flame for 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with,dry nuts,khoya,chum chum and serve.